Digital education in school, university and on the job will be a clear USP and locational advantage of the future. The education system needs to be fundamentally redesigned. Activities change – skills must change as well. Or, are you still able to drive a horse-drawn carriage? But surely you can drive a car. And in the future: is there still the need to personally drive a car?
What it’s not about? Replaced teachers with tablets / Replace the 1 x 1 with coding / Replace learning with consumption What is this about? The key question is what do we need in our future daily live and business. Aren’t this skills like:
- media competence & finding things out
- use of news & media sources with reflection & team orientation
- skills for selection, evaluation and decision – at the end complexity control
There are 3 storyline when I comes to digital education:
1) Content & Structure
- setup agile educational guidelines an adjust them on a regular base
- setup a clear roadmap: content -> structure -> tools -> trainer -> trainee
- develop current contents
- setup project structures and team oriented learning concepts for trainees
- be ahead of the technology curve
- develop „digital didactics“
- develop a „new“ kind of pedagogy
- insist on the basics: arithmetic writing reading, but be brave to leave something out in order to make room for new current content
3) Hardware & Software
At the end, after step 1 and step 2, decide what is the right hardware and software in order to reach the target – a sustainable education.
Digital education is not a mystery. It is the courage and a must to fundamentally renew the educational system in school, university and at work; time is running out. Because the speed of implementation needs to be faster than the speed of digital transformation – this is a joint effort.